Nursing Education Associate
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Assigned by programmatic Department Chair(s), Regional Dean/administrator to work with a faculty member in the Undergraduate Program. Responsible for working with and reporting to the faculty member to whom she/he is assigned.
- Participates under the direction of the clinical site coordinator, in clinical instruction to students enrolled in the
Accelerated BSN (ABSN) Program.
- Assists with didactic instruction and learning support.
- Participates in simulation and learning support.
- Participates in simulation exercises and assessments.
- Works in collaboration with didactic and clinical faculty to assess student learning as requested.
- Participates as a team member in evaluation of program effectiveness.
- Encouraged to maintain membership and participate in activities of professional associations.
- Represents the Accelerated BSN Degree Program within the School of Nursing, the University, and the community.
- Participates in continuous QI activities.
- Serves as a knowledgeable resource person to colleagues, students, and community.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the academic mission of the Health Sciences Center and the School of Nursing.
- Knowledgeable about nursing course content, clinical skills, and available resources to assist students throughout matriculation. Timely communication with clinical site coordinator and students.
- Demonstrates effective teaching strategies and timely notification of faculty and students regarding potential difficulties with course of program progression.
- Prepared and on time for scheduled simulation-based activities.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and monitor student performance in the clinical setting in collaboration with clinical site coordinator.
- Maintains appropriate skills and knowledge to demonstrate evidence-based practice in the clinical/simulation setting. Knowledgeable about nursing content and strategies for success in nursing school.
- Available as requested to participate in surveys or meetings to evaluate program effectiveness.
- Participates in professional associations as available.
- Available as requested to serve on committees and councils and to attend functions which support the mission of the School of Nursing and TTUHSC.
- Available as requested by programmatic associate dean or program/track director to participate in QI activities.
- Demonstrates understanding of School of Nursing and TTUHSC mission. Available as requested to meet with faculty and students in a timely fashion.
- Willingness to do additional tasks as needed.
Bachelor of Science in nursing degree required. All degrees must be from an accredited university. Clinical experience (for at least two years) in the general area in which the individual will teach. Licensure as a registered nurse in the State of Texas.
- Effective verbal/written communication skills and proficiency in English language.
- Awareness of current issues/trends in nursing practice.
- Expertise in medical-surgical nursing, preferred.
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Awareness of unique needs of the Accelerated BSN Degree Student.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Be the first to see new jobs near Lubbock, TX!
Enter your email address below to receive new jobs when they are posted.No thanks